2023 Biodynamic Conference
November 8-12 | Westminster, CO
We are currently welcoming proposals for presentations and workshops for the 2023 Biodynamic Conference, held at the beautiful Westin hotel near Boulder, Colorado. Help us plan a vibrant and diverse program by sharing your ideas!
For the past decade, the Biodynamic Conference has brought together 700-900 farmers, gardeners, activists, entrepreneurs, and others interested in biodynamics from across the United States — and beyond. The largest Biodynamic gathering in the US, this conference offers an unparalleled opportunity to connect, learn, share, and explore.
As the first Biodynamic Conference hosted by the newly formed Biodynamic Demeter Alliance, we are excited to showcase the interrelated cultural (education, training, and community), certification, and marketplace aspects that encompass Biodynamic agriculture in the US today. This event will also serve to launch the US celebration of Biodynamic Agriculture’s 100th anniversary throughout 2024. While we list some program formats below, we encourage you to not feel limited by the possibilities here as we are still determining the schedule and format, and are looking forward to developing new programming opportunities this year.
Areas of Interest
Creative formats such as hands-on learning, collaborative presentations, conversational sessions, field days, and interactive activities are welcomed. We will be considering possibilities for both on-site and virtual programming, so please feel free to submit a proposal for either or both. We also welcome proposals for workshops in Spanish or bilingual English/Spanish workshops.
Proposals on any relevant topic will be considered, but areas of interest include:
- Introductory biodynamics and advanced Biodynamic farming practices
- Climate smart agriculture, resiliency, mitigation, adaptation
- Soil and plant health
- Areas of farming focus (e.g. animal husbandry, fiber, viticulture, seeds, beekeeping)
- Economic, organizational/business health, and marketplace development
- Social responsibility, farmworker rights, food justice, and Indigenous knowledge
- Hands-on learning opportunities (e.g. cooking, preserving, preparation making)
- Food quality and nutrition, relationships to human health, food as medicine
- Farm to school, farm to institution
- Science and research
- The spirit in agriculture
- Agricultural policy and advocacy
How to Submit
You may submit multiple proposals; please submit one form for each workshop. All proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Committee, and selected presenters will be required to complete speaker agreement forms in order to be confirmed.
The Biodynamic Demeter Alliance reserves the right to make changes to submissions and request alternative combinations of speakers and sessions to most effectively shape the conference learning experience as a whole.
Please submit all proposals through our online submission portal. We have extended the deadline to Sunday, February 19, 2023.